We recommend that you take out appropriate travel insurance for your overseas holiday. Should you require treatment while abroad or need to be flown back on medical ground to the UK, you can contact your travel insurance provider on their emergency contact number for further advice. If you travel overseas without appropriate medical cover, it is likely that the full cost of any medical treatment and your early return to the UK will need to be paid for by yourself, family or friends. Please note, if you show your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) you are likely to receive free or reduced cost healthcare when visiting certain European countries. You are welcome to ask Hays Travel about the travel insurance policies we sell, which will cover the above, dependant on policy type.